Monday 24 July 2017

As I hold the hand of my past to walk into the present

I couldn't help but suspend my actions,
As the siren of memories blew so strong
I flew afar into the further,
As I couldn't hold the self very long.

I would so far reminisce and feel the burden,
Of the bitter bygone memories.
That chained my mind, shackled my soul
Crucified the very being in frequent series.

However, now as I slowly begin
To detach myself from the past,
Attempt to draw the mind into the present,
Wash off the grey shadows that were once cast.

However, strain- when chances upon the mind,
Déjà vu strikes and whispers across,
"This is happening to you again,
So, be fair in what you engross."

I lay startled as the realization dawned,
My very plight, of which I'd fret
Is shinning my path,
So that I no longer regret.

My very shadow,
I strongly shunned
Is beaming through the past,
And giving gentle reprimand.

I know not this eerie call,
Yet I know it's there for me.
A connection with the infamous past though,
But a glowworm for the future, to better see.

'God, Guru and Self are synonymous',
Kept resonating through my mind.
I now learned to embrace my grey,
To not lose what I can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment