Monday 30 March 2020

The Fragrance of Love

You are the one whose shiny black chariot crossed my street

I hadn't raised a brow as I was looking for Gold.

Such was my quest for Gold,

Whose shine dazzled my eye and lustre claimed my mind.

 

I never felt your gaze captivated my mind,

You’re being made me smile.

It all seemed so shallow

I couldn't see my reflection in your very eyes.

 

Eyes, that were moist

And sought for answers.

"Why couldn't I plunge an arrow inside your heart?

Or see the crescent of the moon in your smile?"

 

Smile faded as reality starred into my eyes

The end was near,

Of hopes, desires and wishes of seeing

The vague picture that was casted on the screen of my mind.

 

As I held the hand of the present

To match pace with you under the sunlight,

I saw a strange glitter in your eyes

As though gold was smeared right there.

 

I took a note and passed by.

But the dazzle grew brighter each day

And pounded me hard enough

To seize my vision.

 

The unsighted widened its inner eye

And clasped your hand

A feeling so tender,

That I rose from deep slumber.

 

I now see the vivid hues of the rainbow

Stretched across your sky.

The fragrance of sweet love,

That carried my soul and captured my mind.

 

 

I can finally converge the scattered rays

Of a fuzzy, distorted past

I call it Home, the feeling that I get,

In the warmth of your embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment